Hypothetical conversation (the one that runs through my head at the end of a day like today):

"What, hun? It's a mess? Yes, I know. But I did the laundry."

"What? You ask what I have been doing with all my time? Oh, you know, coloring I don't know how many pages of "curcos" and lines, rolling out playdough (over and over and over . . .), identifying anything a toddler would recognize from a book, buying food intended for a dinner I never had time to make, danced (that's what Breanne calls it anyway), watched "George" (Curious George) both times. I think I tidied the living room three times (though it isn't tidy now), I SWARE the dishes got done at least ONCE (though you can't see that either), fed our children enough to make me wonder if they aren't part elephant, I THINK I remembered to eat (??)."

"Yes, I know. The room is still a mess, but maybe it will get done tomorrow . . ." :)
No comments:
Post a Comment