Friday, February 3, 2012

My Post-Nap, Chase Away the Sleepy-Grump Blues Snack

Scenario: When I first became a stay-at-home mom I was clueless. My own mother worked so we could have food in our bellies and coverings over our backsides. And as I am generally a self-absorbed person, I entered in this very important career rather blindly. Unfortuneatly, these attributes still apply.
That said, I do not condone any of what I do on a regular basis, I just wanted to share an aspect of our routine and needed you to understand that I recognize I have a long way to go before I can actually dish out mommy advice.


On any given day I am very pleased with myself if my kids get 3 good meals. Snacks are my time to trick them into eating whatever I feel the need for. SO-

Introducing our post-naptime, chase-away-the-sleepy-grump blues snack:

abt 1 1/2C vanilla ice cream
abt 2 heaping T peanut butter
abt 3/4 banana (medium sized)

Blend it good (in a blender). Divvy it up. Make sure to enjoy some for yourself (in case you are as generally self-absorbed as myself). Or share it with a neighbor kid (but I drank mine) ;)

1 comment:

Jane Ann Ellsworth said...

Mmmm. That sounds good. And so does a nap.